As fellow wordpress.com users know, WordPress compiled an annual report for each of us and if you wish to see my blog in statistics, here is the link. Click here to see the complete report.
I prefer to sum up my year differently. Here are my highs and lows for 2014.
- I had started my blog on June 20, 2013. By the start of 2014 I had over 200 followers and today I have 478.
- By early 2014, I had published my 500th post and I now have 864.
- Until the end of October 2014, I published at least one post every day. (Reason in the Lows)
- I participated in a lot of flash and short fiction this year and I am proud that one of my stories was selected for publication in a digital anthology published through Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Reunions-anthology-heartfelt-short-stories-ebook/dp/B00QJHCIYO
- In April, I participated in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge and had a blast. I had to pre-post for ten days of this challenge as my family and I traveled across the big pond to Wales and London. It was my second trip of a life time.
- I started a few new segments to my blog and these can be viewed in the menus at the top. In History from the Small Screen, my posts were dedicated to television programs that provide a history lesson. WOW The World’s Outstanding Women were posts dedicated to women from all walks of life and how they made their mark on society.
I can think of only one. On October 28, my mom had a stroke. Although she is not fully incapacitated meaning she understands what is going on and knows all of us, she is in need of 100% care. For the last two months she has gone from being in the hospital, to being in a rehabilitation center to back in the hospital and finally today home and under the care of hospice home care and my sister. I live about an hour away from my mom so visiting every day or even weekly was not my norm. Much of my time outside of working has been dedicated to visiting my mom or taking over the financial side of things. She is not out of the water yet; however her coming home is likely to make her happier and a little more settling for us.
I am going to start blogging again. I have already posted a few of the stories in my other blog USS Hornet (CV-12) – A Fathers Untold War Story. I also have my first post for 2015 scheduled for tomorrow morning. I may not post every day in the beginning but I hope to post a few times a week.